Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An Important Conversation

I feel like the woman at the well. He has stopped me right in the middle of some mundane tasks and is wanting to dialogue with me. It's about something important. While I know that he's talking, I also know that I'm just as confused about the direction of the conversation as the woman at the well was.

I question him (John 4:12), demand things of him (v. 15), lie to him (v. 17), argue with him (v. 20), and try to prove to him just how much I know (v. 25). But...I don't quite understand what he's saying.

I want to hear, really hear, what it is that he is saying (v. 26) and act accordingly (v. 28). I don't know what he wants to talk about, but I do know that I'm trying to hear.

If in the course of your day you happen to remember me, pray that I would find vitality, companionship (not necessarily of the female flavor), and focus. This has been a busy month, and I need to find some time alone with Jesus at the well.

No comments: